Sunday, May 22, 2011

Do-Over



If I had my life to live over, I would like to make more mistakes next time.
I would relax more.
I would limber up.
I would be sillier than I have been this trip.
I would take fewer things so seriously.
I would take more chances.
I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.
I would eat more ice cream and less vegetables.
I would, perhaps, have more troubles...but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.
You see,
I am one of those people that lives sensibly and sanely,
hour after hour,
day after day.
Oh, Ive had my moments and, if I had it to do all over again,
I would have more of them.
In fact, I would try to have nothing else;
just moments, one after another,
instead of living so many years ahead of each day.
I would travel lighter than I have this time.
I would start barefoot earlier in the spring
and stay that way later into the fall.
I would go to more dances.
I would ride more merry-go-rounds.
I would pick more daisies.
 
-Unknown                                               


With all of the recent attention given to proclamations of "end times" and "the rapture" happening on May 21, 2011, I found myself thinking about how I would feel if the world was really coming to an end. I don't like to say that I have any regrets in life...but I would be lying if I didn't think about how I would do things a little differently if given the chance for a "do-over." I think we all consider that sometimes. Then, I remembered this quote that I had scribbled down a few years ago. I don't remember where I found it...but its a pretty good representation of my thoughts in the last couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment